« Home | W and C feedback » | BSchool Application Feedback » | PMP » | Alchemist! » | Cape May, NJ » | Hello World! » 

Sunday, June 11, 2006 

Golf day :)

Went to Delcastle golf course late afternoon yesterday. If you go after 3 PM on weekends, you pay the twilight rate, which is cheaper than the day price. Its a beautiful 18 hole (par 72) course. Picked up a little argument with the caretaker there. Old guy saw my Alaska cap and said that the govt should drill more in Alaska. I think Alaska should be left alone. There are not many places left in the world where we humans have not disturbed nature.

Well, I decided to walk instead of riding the golf car. Four and half hours later, my back was in pieces and I was dead beat. Guys, dont be stingy on the Golf car if you are playing 18 holes, it will save you a lot of energy for the game. As far as my game is concerned, I did not do well and I am not improving. For this par 72 course, I took more than 100 strokes (I am ashamed to quote the real figure ;) I was hitting fairway only about 50% of times... my ironwork is unspeakable (sometimes I completely miss the ball)... I had to putt 52 times. Only consolation was my drive. When I get it right, I drive really well. I am poor in judging the distance, but I think I go past 300 yards on a good hit. But I need major improvements in everything else. Maybe its time I get some lessons from a pro.

Question for Golf players out there - What happens when you swing the iron and completely miss the ball? Does the stroke still count (stupid question, huh)?

thts too bad :( cant i pretend that i was doing a practice swing ;)

Post a Comment

About me

  • JatWarrior
  • "A goal I must attain, a dream that I must follow, because I wont be back again. There is a mark that I must leave, however small it seems to be, a legacy of love for those, who follow after me." - Anonymous
View my profile   Email me

Previous posts

journey of a jat, the warrior is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.