« Home | Windy city, GSB and lawyer liar » | D from Yale » | Withdrew from Darden » | Enrolled! » | Another waitlist - Chicago » | Finally! The coveted admit - Tuck Tuck Tuck » | Waitlisted at Darden » | Chicago interview report » | D from Columbia » | Phew! Chicago interview invite » 

Saturday, March 03, 2007 

Financial aid and taxes

Wow! Its been a really long time since I posted. Not that my life has come to a standstill and there's nothing to post, its just that I have been taking it slow and easy. Guess after months of gruelling application labor, I can afford to do so :)

There have been some developments. I filed my taxes for 2006 and sent the form 1040 to Tuck to complete my application for financial aid. Now they have everything from me to process my application and I hope to hear from them by March 15th. Once I get the package from them, I would need to shop around to see if I get another lender to beat Tuck's offer.

Coming back to taxes, I am volunteering with a non-profit org in my state to prepare free tax returns for low-income households. I had done that last year as well and I enjoy it. I get to help people save some precious money and also learn about tax and personal finance. We were really busy from January-end, when most people get their W2's, till last weekend or so. Now we have hit the "spring thaw" and it will get busy again when we approach April 15, the filing deadline. As regards to my own taxes, I owed substantial money to IRS, thanks to some capital gains I had had during 2006. Its funny that almost all the people I prepare taxes for get refund checks, whereas I, the tax preparer myself, owed to IRS.

About me

  • JatWarrior
  • "A goal I must attain, a dream that I must follow, because I wont be back again. There is a mark that I must leave, however small it seems to be, a legacy of love for those, who follow after me." - Anonymous
View my profile   Email me

Previous posts

journey of a jat, the warrior is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.