« Home | Withdrew from Darden » | Enrolled! » | Another waitlist - Chicago » | Finally! The coveted admit - Tuck Tuck Tuck » | Waitlisted at Darden » | Chicago interview report » | D from Columbia » | Phew! Chicago interview invite » | Yale interview completed » | Darden's Philadelphia Reception » 

Monday, January 08, 2007 

D from Yale

Not that it matters a big deal to me now, but I really fancied my chances after being invited to interview in the very first lot. Since Yale does not interview as many as other schools do, interviewed candidates have about 50% shot of getting admitted (looking at last year stats). Interview itself went quite well, if my instincts are to be believed. I hope they do not check the blogs and forums to see if their applicants are admitted elsewhere :)

Yale is unusually competitive this year because a large number of deferrals from last year has reduced the number they would accept this year. Well, atleast my interview call gave me an opportunity to experience Yale; I did enjoy my visit (minus the parking ticket).

Been a silent spectator here for a long time:)
I too got the Yale denial today..
But..looking forward to meet you at Tuck this year!!

You can chuck the Yale Ding with careless grace with a Tuck admit in your back pocket. All the best!

I guess the app process is unpredicatable.

tuck is definitely quite tough to get into.

i wonder - was this because your tuck app was significantly better than yale and chicago

or

is it a matter of personal fit?

Any introspective comments?

jatwarrior, where are u from? (residing where?)

I'm a jat too...altho agruably not a warrior. I'd be close to a "jatgrower", if you know what I mean.

who cares, you already going to a great school....

Oh u tuckie...
forget Yale :)

r2_mba,
it may have been personal fit... my tuck app was definitely much stronger and personal, but again Yale application does not give you enough room to express yourself the way you want to. Yale may be the shortest application of all the schools.

jatgrower,
I live in DE... what about you? are you applying to schools this year as well?

"Not that it matters now ! "yeah !

Happy Kayaking, Happy Ice Hockey, Happy Hanover.

dings from Yale/Columbia, and an admit from Tuck? man, is this a crazy world :D

:) no worry..

Dude,

Read your blogs and were very well put. I wish I could talk to you sometime. I have applied to Yale,Darden,Haas,Austin and UCLA. Got two interview calls till now.Drop an e-mail at amandeep_randhawa@yahoo.com

Aman

Hi, you got Tuck, greater than Yale, so ignore it then. I am sorry to miss a great classmate at Yale. But might see you during intern.:)

Thanks for sharing your view about office situation. Ya, keep quiet and just hang in there.

Have a good weekend.

Post a Comment

About me

  • JatWarrior
  • "A goal I must attain, a dream that I must follow, because I wont be back again. There is a mark that I must leave, however small it seems to be, a legacy of love for those, who follow after me." - Anonymous
View my profile   Email me

Previous posts

journey of a jat, the warrior is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.