« Home | Application saga ends » | Farewell at work » | Financial aid and taxes » | Windy city, GSB and lawyer liar » | D from Yale » | Withdrew from Darden » | Enrolled! » | Another waitlist - Chicago » | Finally! The coveted admit - Tuck Tuck Tuck » | Waitlisted at Darden » 

Monday, April 09, 2007 

About to soar free

I resigned from my job today and I should be free to do whatever in about two weeks time. I expected to have a difficult conversation with my current manager (I have recently changed projects and my new manager wasn't aware of my bschool plans), but it went quite easy. As it turned out, he himself is looking to do an executive-MBA at Wharton. So for the most part, we discussed about MBA and his game plan.

I have already booked my flights, and I am looking forward to seeing my family and friends after two long years. I am excited about playing with my cute little nephews and nieces. I also wanna travel a bit in the summer. Four months before the school starts, and I wanna make the most of them. What's everyone else planning to do in the coming months?

I had envisioned this grand trip around the world during my gap months between work and b-school. But between the CFA exam and house hunting it looks like I'll only have time for a few local trips. =)

Do let me know if you travel to the southern end of India before July :-)

I am sooo jealous! thats all i can say right now :(
I am not planning to quit till I get my Visa, so thats atleast 3 months from now

Do drop in a mail/comment in case you coming to Bangalore.

Wow!! Free of work - I am jealous :)
I have been wanting to resign ever since I decided to join HEC. But practical considerations have prevented me from doing it so far. I know I will continue working till July end :(

Thursday is my last day of work and it can't come soon enough. Then I'm heading up to ASW to party all weekend long! After that I'm heading to AZ to work on my golf game, and then I'm off to SouthEast Asia. That's my plan. It feels great.

We will definitely meet up at ASW..but no such luxury for me:( Gotta slog it till July end..Enjoy your time back home!!

sounds like a great plan..
I also plan to resign as soon as I get my bonus..

Post a Comment

About me

  • JatWarrior
  • "A goal I must attain, a dream that I must follow, because I wont be back again. There is a mark that I must leave, however small it seems to be, a legacy of love for those, who follow after me." - Anonymous
View my profile   Email me

Previous posts

journey of a jat, the warrior is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.